Logo design is a challenging task that can be hard for most people to understand, especially if you don't have a design background or keen eye for design. When people look at a company logo, they generally do not analyze its colors or design. In fact, logo color schemes generate certain feelings and emotions that people may not even know about. Logo designers have a firm grasp of color theory and can select the best colors depending on the company and industry. One of the goals for logo designers is to create logos that successfully relate to and bring about certain emotions in customers to make a purchase or use a service. Clearly, choosing good color combinations is not an easy task. Are you intimidated? Don't be, we'll share some helpful tips on how to approach color when it comes to your company logo.
When new business owners consider what colors they want for their new logo, they need to carefully look at competitors' logos and logos from successful companies' in the same industry and what logo color schemes they are utilizing. Going through this process can provide inspiration and ideas on colors that go together and which ones they should consider using. Of course, we aren't saying to copy what your competitors are doing but it doesn't hurt to get some creative inspiration to start your process. Ultimately, selecting the best colors should not be a random task. In fact, it should be made decisively, with a clear purpose in mind. Fortune 500 companies take a great deal of time to effectively brand their company with sound use of color theory, and small business owners and entrepreneurs should be doing the same.
When deciding on the best color combinations for a new logo design for your new business, take note on what each color represents. Finding the best logo colors for your brand isn't random. According to a Huffington Post blog article by Brian Honigman entitled, “The Psychology of Color in Logo Design," here is what each color represents:
- Red evokes excitement, youthfulness, and boldness. This is a bold brand color choice and will certainly get you noticed.
- Orange evokes friendliness, cheerfulness, and confidence. This happy color will give your logo some warmth and unique look.
- Yellow optimism, clarity, and warmth. Yellow is a bit tricky to match so make sure you find 2 colors that go together when adding accent brand colors.
- Green evokes peace, growth, and health. This is a popular choice for companies operating in the organic and green niches.
- Blue evokes trust, dependability, and strength. Blue is probably the most popular brand color, especially in industries like tech and finance.
- Purple evokes creativity, imagination, and prudence. If you are looking for a unique brand color purple is your choice.
- Gray evokes balance, neutrality, and calmness. This neutral color palette is great if you are looking for simplicity. This is a great option if you tried to find the best color combinations for logos without much luck.
- Black is not technically a color but it is often used for creating logos for high-end product and services. Black evokes a sense of elegance, sophistication and authority.
- White is the counterpart to black and can't be left off this list. Of course white only works when used against a background with color. White represents cleanliness, purity and simplicity.
This is a great guide for new business owners to get started on creating their new logo and selecting the right logo color schemes. There are many online logo generators that you can take advantage of. Online logo generators can take some of the burden and time off ones shoulders and help your find the best color combinations. So let your creative juices flow and don't be hesitant on trying a few designs to see which logo design resonates with you the most. We personally like the colorful butterfly logo on our animal and pets logo page. With GraphicSprings' great logo color schemes and logo color combinations to choose from, business owners can create imaginative and effective logos, with the best color combos, that will represent their company for years to come. No matter if you are looking for 3 color combinations or good 2 color combinations you can test it with our logo editor.
Ready to create your own logo? Try our logo maker application today and play around with different logo color schemes until you find a concept you love. The process is really quite simple. If you don't have a design background or aren't overly tech savvy don't worry. Onboarding with our logo design software is quick and easy and the entire process only takes a few minutes. Whether you are looking for a photography logo, real estate logo, construction logo, or any other branding you can find a suitable design. Remember; when you get to the color selection step make sure you try the best logo color combinations before finalizing. Once you are happy click download and instantly access your high-resolution, web and print optimized logo files.